Introducing An easier, safer way to pay for project work
CashGuard makes it easy to pay and get paid for home renovations and other project work without the risk. It is an online payment platform that is backed by National Bank of Canada and protected by an escrow system.
Contractors: start your projects knowing funding is verified and secured. Make it easy and trustworthy for your clients to pay you upfront.
Homeowners: confidently pay for project work in a way that protects your money and gives you control.
How it works
- Project Owners protect themselves by depositing and securing funds with CashGuard before the project starts by initiating an EFT transfer right inside the app.
- Funds are securely held by CashGuard in a National Bank of Canada account. Project Owners no longer have to pay contractors upfront.
- Contractors make payment requests that get deposited to their linked bank account upon Project Owner approval.
Take a quick product tour
Simple fees. Pay per project.
Simple fee structure
Each project is charged a one-time fee of $25 + 1.5% of project cost.
Only pay when project is funded
We receive the project fee only after both parties have agreed to escrow terms and funds have been securely deposited.
Legal protection for less
CashGuard gives you a legal escrow agreement without the traditional lawyer fees.
The party that elects to use CashGuard and creates the project pays the fees.
Fees are calculated and clearly shown in app during project creation.
No hidden fees
You will never be charged any extra or hidden fees that you didn't agreed to during project creation.
Use this simple calculator to see what your project fee would be if you used CashGuard.
Your one-time project fee would be: $400.00 CAD
Coordinate secure project payments on the go
Available on any device
- CashGuard is a web application, so any device with a browser can access it from anywhere in the world.
Proudly Canadian for Canadians
- Built by a team in Calgary, Alberta, we are proud to create a solution that works for Canadians' needs.
Securely link your bank
- We use Plaid to securely link your bank account so funds can be conveniently and safely withdrawn and deposited via EFT transfers. We support all Canadian banking institutions.
Legally protected funds and transactions visible to both parties
- All money transfers and held project funds are covered by an escrow agreement that protects both parties.
Payment protection for project owners and contractors
- Instead of paying your contractor directly, all project funds are secured in a National Bank of Canada account until both parties agree to release the funds as project payment.
Track payments in real-time
- Instantly see the status of funding and payment requests so you always know where your money is.
CashGuard uses industry leaders in FinTech and banking to ensure your money and financial information remains safe. Security and peace of mind are our top priorities.
National Bank of Canada
All funds and payments are securely stored with the National Bank of Canada. CashGuard is proud to partner with this leading Canadian financial institution.
Committed to your protection, CashGuard partners with Plaid. Plaid helps you safely connect and verify your financial information through an encrypted platform. CashGuard does not store or have access to your banking credentials.